Monday, March 26, 2007

Day 21


We are suppose to do pictures of Landmarks for the Mommy Zone challenge this week. I don't know if I am goign to get anywhere to take pictures of actual landmarks of Washington so I decided to do a Northwest landmark photo today. A few years ago, when we first moved to Washington, I made a stained glass piece (one of my hobbies that I have not been able to touch since I got pregnant with Peter because of the lead content) to celebrate where we went for our honeymoon. For our honeymoon, we spent a few nights on the Oregon Coast, one of which was in Canon Beach where we love looking at Haystack Rock. I made the glass to look like Haystack Rock from one of my favorite photos of us. During out honeymoon, we flew kites so I had to incorporate them into the glass. When I think of the Oregon Coast, I think of Haystack rock. Too bad we are about 3 hours away from it right now but it is very Northwestern.

7 comments:

Sher Johnson said...

gorgeous art and photo of it!!!

i love canon beach...the scenery and my dh flies kites :)

Melinda (Mindy) said...

Wow ... great job, Katie! You are a very multi-talented person!

Jess said...

Absolutely stunning! Great photo Katie!

Amanda said...

Wow, that's really pretty!

~M said...

Great Photo!

~ Natalie~ said...

Wow! You did an excellent job!

Maggie said...

What a great art! Good job.